looking out

From my window

I see the city as it awakes, bathed in the morning mist, giving the ethereal illusion of buildings emerging from a mystical nature, coming out from land before time

I see the highways jammed, as people hustle and bustle, attempting to reach their destinations safely and on time

I see helicopters gliding past buildings, flying across the horizon, gently resting down on the nearby police headquarters

I see the last rays of the sun resting upon the roof tops of houses and hostels, bathing them in a myriad of colours- shining gold, with slow steady red undertones, blue glimpses and finally the peaceful dusk

I see the landscape dark yet aglow, the skyline etched out with bright lights in the horizon, but closer to home, the roads are empty, time slows down, illustrating my path- the road less taken

I see the flashing blue and red lights, leave the morgue, going past the hospital, headed towards the place of the dead,

I see the faces I’ve seen in times past and present, reminding me of life, both now and in the future

From my window, I see how in the dark of the night, when no one is out there, peace still exists

If only you would sit, with your windows open, and be still...

0 comments: